Army West Point Athletic Association is currently seeking an Assistant Coach for the Women’s Soccer program who is responsible for supporting the Head Coach by coaching Cadet-Athletes, recruiting, monitoring Cadet-Athletes academic progress, scheduling, managing travel, and overseeing the discipline and conduct of the Cadet-Athletes.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 1-3 years of collegiate coaching experience.
- Skill in operation of modern office machines, communication tools, equipment, computers, and relevant software.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in diverse settings, both on campus and in the community.
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills both orally and written.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coaching: Assists the Head Coach the ongoing teaching and instruction of Cadet-Athletes in the performance of their sport such as, but not limited to, games, practices, individual and team workouts, and conditioning sessions. Develop, recommend, and teach game strategy. Ensures that team travel arrangements are in compliance with USMA, Patriot League and NCAA rules and regulations, to include monitoring development of travel itineraries and coordination of travel plans.
- Recruiting: Oversees recruitment and selection of Cadet-Athletes; ensures compliance with NCAA recruiting rules and regulations; initiates process for determining academic eligibility. Recruit quality prospective Cadet-Athletes and ensure timely submission of their academic records for admissions.
- Academics: Provide an overall positive educational environment for Cadet-Athletes conducive to learning, athletic development, social growth, and preparing them for life beyond college.