Work directly with the Head Women's Soccer Coach to assist in all aspects associated with the operation of a successful NCAA Division I women's soccer program. Provide instruction to student-athletes to develop their overall athleticism, agility, skills, and understanding of the game. Assist with recruitment.
- Provide game management, tactical adjustments, post-game analysis and evaluation, and skill instruction to members of the assigned team. Instruct all student-athletes in fundamentals, training procedures, and workouts specifically designed to improve skills. Assist the Head Coach in instructing student-athletes during practices and games.
- Assist the staff in recruiting efforts for the assigned program to attract quality student-athletes to the program. Evaluate prospective student-athletes’ athletic. performances through video and in-person evaluations
- Perform administrative duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- Commitment and ability to maintain and exhibit the highest standards of ethical conduct.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to relate well to individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Previous women’s soccer playing experience at the collegiate or professional level.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.