The Assistant Women’s Soccer Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Coaches in recruiting, training, and coaching members of the Women’s Soccer Team. The Assistant Women’s Soccer Coach is required to abide by the rules and regulations established by Illinois College, the Midwest Conference (MWC), and the NCAA. Illinois College is a member of the NCAA at the Division III level.
- Recruit, retain and graduate successful student-athletes Meet the recruitment, retention and net tuition revenue goals set by the College.
- Coach student-athletes by assessing and developing their skills.
- Ensure academic performance and personal development of student-athletes.
- Demonstrate high level of Intercultural competence and the ability to work with diverse population.
- Collaborate with the Office of Admission & the Head Coach to help meet recruitment and retention goals set by the College.
- Support retention of athletes in Illinois College.
- Collaborate with Early Intervention group as needed.
- Make travel arrangements for the team.
- Travel, including several weekends, for recruiting and competition.
- Bachelor’s degree, required.
- Intercultural competency; ability to work with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- Able to develop and maintain collaborative relationships, engage in creative problem-solving, and extend enlightened hospitality when working with others.
- Valid driver’s license and evidence of insurability, required.
- Soccer coaching experience at the NCAA level, Division III, preferred.
- Recruiting experience at the collegiate level, Division III, preferred.