The Assistant Women's Soccer Coach provides assistance to the head coach with all areas of team administration and management, including practice sessions, conditioning workouts, monitoring of student-athletes academic progress, and evaluation and recruiting of prospective student-athletes for the team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the head coaches and other staff members with routine administrative responsibilities of the assigned sport program and management of the men/women’s team.
- Coaches at the direction of the head coaches provides instruction, demonstration and teaching the sport's dynamics to student-athletes to ensure maximum potential of individuals and the team as a whole.
- Recruits and scouts prospective student-athletes from high school, junior and community colleges.
- Makes recommendations to the head coaches regarding potential of student-athletes.
- Stay current, understand, and adhere to all NCAA guidelines and maintain up-to-date rosters, squad lists, and other information using the Compliance Assistant Internet (CAI) program and ARMS software. Assist in coordinating and developing organized schedules and submitting weekly countable hours report according to NCAA policy. Will report any violations of these established rules, which may arise, to the proper officials.
Preferred Knowledge and Abilities:
- Successful coaching or playing goalkeeper experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Systems of play.
- Ability to navigate social media, multimedia and game breaker.
- Ability to implement a weekly Player Development Program.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.