Responsible for assisting head coach with recruiting and teaching a team of student-athletes the skills of their sport, teambuilding skills and mentoring the athletes in academic and personal character development and administrative responsibilities as assigned by the head coach in a Christian environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as a representative of the University displaying courtesy, tact consideration, and discretion in all interactions with other members of the HBU community and with the public.
- Assist head coach in planning and executing practice sessions.
- Work with student-athletes in teaching and developing skills of baseball.
- Assesses competitor performance.
- Helps to formulate workout sessions and game plans.
- Coordinates recruiting efforts which involves evaluating current and potential talent at high schools and junior colleges.
- Able to generate enthusiasm and pride amongst players
- Ability to provide clear direction, delegate responsibility, motivate others, develop others’ skills and talents and attract and recruit talent.
- Shows consideration for others, listens effectively, cooperates well with others, establishes and maintains relationships, is adaptive, remains calm under stress and is persevering.
- Demonstrates good judgment, seeks all necessary information for problem solving, and sets clear objectives and priorities.