The assistant coach is responsible for supporting the head coach in all aspects of running the individual sports program and carrying out the mission and objectives of the athletic department, the EPAC, Region XIX and the NJCAA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work within MCCC and the Athletic Department policies and procedures to accomplish goals.
- Assist in conducting well organized practices and off season programs.
- Assist head coach with field/gym set up for games and practices.
- Possess good work habits, such as punctuality, dependability, cooperation and enthusiasm.
- Assist in recruiting quality student-athletes.
- Assist with ensuring the academic success and retention of student-athletes.
- Travel with team during all school related functions in college if college povides transportation.
- Be familiar with college, conference, region, NJCAA and rules, guidelines and compliance.
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associate’s degree preferred.
- Relevant coaching experience required; collegiate coaching experience preferred.
- Knowledge of NCAA and NJCAA rules and compliance required.
- Valid First Aid and CPR certifications are required; if certifications are not current at time of hire, continued employment is contingent upon obtaining these certifications within three months of hire.