St. Bonaventure University is currently seeking an Assistant Women's Soccer Coach responsible to assist with the management of a competitive NCAA Division I Women’s Soccer program; assist with conditioning, practices, recruiting, travel arrangements, and student managers. Plays a critical role is supporting the development of each student-athlete as a person, student, soccer player, and community member.
- Arranges and conducts recruiting functions including off- and on-campus visits, evaluations and contacts of prospective student-athletes.
- Ensures that necessary athletic equipment and gear is available and in proper condition for scheduled practices and competition and makes recommendation for repairs or replacement, as necessary. Works with department’s liaison to apparel company to order appropriate gear/uniforms.
- Performs administrative tasks such as scheduling, travel arrangements, budget preparation and monitoring, and maintaining statistics. Attends coaches’ preparatory meetings and implements strategies resulting from these meetings.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Solid knowledge of NCAA regulations and guidelines governing the recruitment and retention of student-athletes.
- Ability to handle highly confidential material and maintain strict confidence.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures and have knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the swimming and diving program.
- Ability to successfully recruit and retain student athletes.
- Skilled in exemplary customer service, including dealing effectively with the students, faculty, staff, and general public both in person and over the telephone.
- Ability to maintain professionalism when dealing with all staff and other customers and possess the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding, and sensitivity to the needs of all prospective as well as current students.
- Excellent writing skills and the demonstrated ability to develop written reports and action plans. Good organizational, oral and recruiting skills.