The Iowa State University Athletics Department is accepting applications for an Assistant Women’s Soccer Coach to assist the Head Coach with all phases of the NCAA Division I women’s soccer program. This position will:
- Assist with planning practice sessions and competitive coaching situations;
- Identify and successfully recruit and retain academically qualified and athletically talented student-athletes;
- Effectively teach, mentor and coach to develop successful and well-rounded student-athletes;
- Help ensure academic progress and graduation;
- Contribute to and enhance a competitive athletic experience;
- Assist with administrative and game management duties;
- Establish and maintain an environment conducive to the health and well-being and academic success of the student-athletes;
- Establish and maintain effective interactions with students, colleagues, university staff and administrators, alumni, media and the public.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience coaching or competing in soccer at a highly competitive level (post high school).
- Expertise with goalkeepers.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit highly skilled student-athletes and strong recruiting connections.