Duties & Responsibilities:
- Requires Goalkeeper experience.
- Assist in the administration of all phases of an NCAA Division I women’s soccer program.
- Help develop and supervise the student-athletes in the women’s soccer program, by supporting the head coach’s strategies to motivate maximum levels of individual and team performance.
- Assist in recruiting and retaining academically and athletically qualified student-athletes, working directly with the Admissions Department.
- Along with the head coach, monitor student-athletes academic progress.
- Support the head coach in promoting a philosophy of educational welfare, sportsmanship and conduct in alignment with the University’s mission.
- Assist in organizing, preparing and supervising all training practices and game day contests.
- Assist in ordering of athletic gear.
- Assist in coordinating all travel.
- Commitment and sensitivity to the needs and dynamics of a culturally diverse student body that includes a large percentage of first generation and low income students.
- Creative, innovative and self-motivated individual with the ability to work creatively in an atmosphere of limited resources.
- Commitment and sensitivity to the Jesuit and Catholic ideals that form the mission of Saint Peter’s University; and willingness to integrate these ideals into all aspects of the Athletics Department.
- Reports directly to the Head Women’s Soccer Coach.
- 50% instruct, teach and assist in the development of players during practices. Follow and conform to NCAA rules and regulations.