APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is pleasing to God and edifying to one another.
- Teach and develop sport specific skills with the basic tenants and theory of the sport and skills needed to execute successful collegiate-level performance.
- Aid in the physical development and organizational motivation of the team.
- Organize and lead team and/or individual-athlete meetings involving coaching personnel.
- Planning of practice sessions and competitive coaching situations.
- Ensure student compliance with rules regarding behavior and appearance.
- Coordinate the conditioning and training of team members in conjunction with athletic trainers and team physicians.
- Work cooperatively with university coaches, staff, and faculty and community members.
- Identify and evaluate prospective student athletes who are good fits for the university both athletically and academically; communicating with PSAs and families; processing official and unofficial visits while communicating through the completion of necessary admissions and university documents.
- Cultivate strong relationships with local high school and club coaches.
- Sufficient experience to justify coaching, recruiting, compliance, and academic support.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to a variety of personalities.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of current thinking in areas of sport techniques and strategy, conditioning, fitness, and leadership and program management.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, and minister to student athletes.
- Excellent communication skills: both oral and written.