The Assistant Women’s Soccer Coach will be responsible for supporting the efforts of the Women’s Soccer program and working to assist the head coach in performing all duties in compliance with all NCAA Division I, Northeast Conference, and Howard University rules and regulations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meet annual recruitment goals established by the head coach.
- Build relationships with prospective student-athletes.
- Assist the head coach in planning and executing prospective student-athlete visits to campus and with off-campus contacts with prospective student-athletes.
- Assist head coach in generating and responding to prospective student-athlete contacts generated throughout the year. These include coaches’ mailings, attendance at tournaments and showcases, observing team camps, recruiting services, and admissions contacts.
- Attend practices and/or games of recruits on a regular basis.
- Assist in summer recruiting efforts by attending showcases and other recruitment opportunities as designated by the head coach.
- Assist the head coach in monitoring academic progress of student-athletes.
- Be a presence in the office and available to assist player needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Previous collegiate playing and/or coaching experience and/or success as a coach at the high school level.
- Current and valid driver’s license required.