Assistant Women's Soccer Coach assists in development, management, implementation, and advancement of competitive intercollegiate women's soccer program within the philosophy, objectives, policies, and guidelines of NCAA Division II, the Great Lakes Valley Conference (GLVC), and Department of Athletics at the University of Illinois Springfield (UIS). The Assistant Women's Soccer Coach reports to the Head Women's Soccer Coach.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Teach and instruct advanced level skills, techniques, and game strategies inherent in the highest level of competitive play; developing UIS women’s soccer student-athletes to successful competitive achievements.
- Assist in recruiting highly successful women’s soccer student-athletes who are both physically and academically talented, who represent UIS and Department of Athletics with good character, and who strive to graduate from UIS.
- Assist in preparation for practices, competitions, and team travel.
- Assist with fundraising, marketing, promotion, and alumni and community engagement of UIS women’s soccer and Department of Athletics at UIS.
- Collaborate with athletic training staff, academic support personnel, strength and conditioning, compliance staff, and other campus personnel to enhance and support UIS women’s soccer student-athlete experience.
- Accountable for compliance with all NCAA Division II and Great Lakes Valley Conference rules; including submission of all compliance forms, adherence to all compliance policies and procedures, and attendance of mandatory NCAA rules education sessions.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Collegiate soccer coaching and/or collegiate soccer playing experience required.
UIS is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer with a strong institutional commitment to recruitment and retention of a diverse and inclusive campus community. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.