The Assistant Softball Coach assists the Head Softball Coach with directing and supervising the operation of the softball program within the rules and regulations of the NCAA, Western Athletic Conference, Texas State University System and Lamar University. The position requires a commitment to compliance and academics leading to graduation of student-athletes. The position requires active involvement in the community for fundraising purposes.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1 – 3 years NCAA Division I and/or professional experience as a softball pitching coach required.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules required.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Assists the Head Softball Coach with a variety of administrative duties.
2. Assists the Head Softball Coach with on field coaching during practice and competition, with primary focus on pitchers.
3. Available to the news media on appropriate occasions as determined by the Head Softball Coach in conjunction with the Assistant Athletics Director for Media Relations.
4. Assists in developing a successful recruiting program and will attempt to recruit the best students as well as athletes.
5. Recognizes and promotes the best interest of the student-athletes both academically and athletically – encouraging each to graduate.
6. Actively participates in fundraising and development along with the Head Softball Coach and the Assistant Athletics Director for External Affairs.
7. Assists the Head Softball Coach with running a program within budget guidelines.
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.