Arkansas Tech University seeks a dynamic, enthusiastic and proven leader with the experience and skills necessary to serve as an assistant coach of its perennially-competitive NCAA Division II Softball program. The successful candidate will help lead a program that has averaged 35 wins a season over the past decade and has made six appearances in the NCAA Central Regional Tournament over the last seven years.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruitment and development of student athletes.
- Community relations both in and outside the university.
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects with the guidelines set forth by Arkansas Tech University, the Great American Conference, and the NCAA.
- Participation in fundraising, operation of summer camps, community and alumni relations/cultivation expected.
- Other duties as assigned by Head Coach.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Athletics.
- B.A. or B.S.
- Proven softball coaching experience.
- Current certification in first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and automatic external defibrillator (AED) use or the willingness to become certified.
Arkansas Tech University is an AA/EOE employer committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.