The Assistant Women's Softball Coach reports to the Head Coach. This position is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in the successful management and administration of all phases of a Varsity Intercollegiate Softball Program, within the guidelines, rules and regulations of Eastern Illinois University, the Ohio Valley Conference and the NCAA.
- Support the Mission and Core Values of the Department.
- Recruit individuals who have exhibited high potential to perform according to Department, Conference and NCAA standards.
- Reinforce academic achievement and graduation as our top priority.
- Use Departmental resources for education, interpretation and advice.
- Responsible for full compliance with University, Department and NCAA regulations.
- Diligent in their preparation to compete aggressively to win championships.
- Collaborate on development of a responsible budget for their sport.
- Responsible for the efficient use of all Department resources.
- Collaborate with Athletic and University support units to ensure Student-Athlete health, safety and well-being.
- Fully-engaged in supporting community service activities.
- Bachelor’s degree required/Master’s preferred.
- Possess (2) or more years of coaching or playing experience or equivalent.
- Must have extensive knowledge of the sport of Softball.
- Ability to recruit and retain quality Softball student-athletes.
- Excellent organization, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to the academic success of the student-athlete.
- Ability and willingness to work effectively in a team atmosphere in the athletic department. Strong commitment to the University, OVC and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and experience with promoting inclusivity are required.