The assistant coach will assist the head coach in many aspects of this competitive NCAA Division I softball program. The assistant coach will primarily instruct, train and coach student athletes about the collegiate sport of softball, the game and the skills required at the Division I level.
- Bachelor's Degree,
- Experience in softball pitching instruction & development,
- Able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays,
- Must work well with others in a team setting, be willing to take on extra duties as assigned,
- Able to demonstrate excellent written communication skills.
- Possess a valid driver's license, maintains a low risk driving record and is able to be certified by the University.
- Head coaching experience,
- College softball/baseball playing experience,
- Strong technical knowledge of collegiate women's softball,
- Strong technical ability in pitching instruction, analytics and Dartfish video software,
- Demonstrate excellent verbal communication and organizational/administrative skills,
- Demonstrate good working knowledge of and a personal commitment to adhering to institutional, conference and NCAA policy, rules and regulations,
- Demonstrate expertise in all aspects of coaching student athletes and,
- Demonstrate a commitment to the highest ideals of leadership, sportsmanship and academics with demonstrated and successful experience working with people from diverse backgrounds.