Assist Head Women’s Softball Coach with the daily operation of the women’s softball program and the recruitment of student-athletes. Perform additional coaching or administrative assignment and teach for the department as requested.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist the Head Women’s Softball Coach with the daily operation of the women’s softball program, pitching instruction and the recruitment of student-athletes.
- Monitor preparation of athletic facilities for practices and games, scout opposing teams, develop and apply team rules, and assist the head coach with team selection, games and practices.
- Assist with administrative duties such as scheduling, making team travel arrangements, home game management, monitoring academic progress of students, supervising student workers, working with the equipment staff on the distribution and maintenance of athletic equipment, and providing the Sports Information Office with appropriate information for publications and press releases.
- Identify, assess, and contact prospective students, arrange campus visits, develop printed recruiting materials and assist the Admissions Office with special events.
- Perform specific duties for the Women’s Head Softball Coach if needed in her absence.
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 4 years of college playing experience.
- Pitching experience’.
- Exceptional understanding of the game of fastpitch softball.
- Must have a current, valid driver’s license and must be insurable under Denison’s liability insurance policy.