The assistant softball coach for pitching is responsible for assisting the head coach in recruiting potential student-athletes, coaching, training, and practice/game strategy preparation for members of the softball team, with an emphasis on the pitchers. Specific pitching coach duties will include preparing pitching workouts and teaching advanced pitching mechanics and fielding skills.
- Provides assistance to Head Coach with activities and essential daily work associated with the program and student athletics, including, but not limited to, recruitment, game preparation, on-the-field coaching, video work, scouting, study hall, NJCAA compliance, paperwork, and community involvement.
- Recruits potential student athletes.
- Monitors athletes' behavior in the dormitory. Assists student athletes with skill development, monitors academic progress and social skills.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree is required.
- A Master's degree is preferred.
- Successful experience coaching/playing at the collegiate level or higher is required.
- Successful experience as an assistant coach at the collegiate level is preferred.
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required in addition to normal courtesy and tact.
- Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or can be of a personal or sensitive nature.
- Work involves motivating or influencing others.
- Must have knowledge of the game, skill level to teach the game, and comprehension of evaluating talent.
- Passion to be a highly transformational coach.