This position is responsible for assisting the Head Women's Swim Coach with all aspects of instruction along with the development and management of a comprehensive NCAA Women's Swimming and diving program as a component of the University experience, which enhances and supports the students' liberal arts education in support of the mission of the University.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Assists with all phases of Division II Women's Swimming and Diving Program;
- Assists the Head Coach in organizing, supervising, coordinating and evaluating practice sessions, games and conditioning programs with the purpose of guiding and instructing student/athletes;
- Responsible for complying with all policies and procedures as set forth by Assumption University, the NE10 Conference, and the NCAA;
- Assists with for identifying, evaluating, and recruiting potential student-athletes;
- Responsible for promoting and maintaining an atmosphere of NCAA compliance amongst coaches and student-athletes;
- Represents the sports programs in the community as appropriate;
- Assists in coordinating personal development initiatives and community service activities for all student-athletes;
- Position requires working weekends and nights.
- Bachelor's Degree /Master's preferred;
- University coaching experience preferred;
- Strong communication and public relations, management, and leadership skills;
- Shall maintain current certification in first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), and automatic external defibrillator (AED) use;
- Experience working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders;
- Must have a current driver's license and meet the qualifications of an Assumption University Driver;
- Vaccination and Boosted for COVID-19.