This position assists the Head Coach in development and administration of the assigned NCAA Division I sport program. Including, but not limited to, coaching, mentoring, program development, recruiting, public relations, community involvement and administrative duties as assigned in compliance with all university, conference and NCAA regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- 2 years playing and/or coaching experience in Tennis with knowledge of rules of the game and playing strategies;
- Ability to travel throughout the academic year and summer;
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record as needed to transport team and shells;
- Strong communication skills to effectively work with a diverse work force and student-athlete population;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to motivate student athletes;
- Demonstrated ability to be self- directed and detail-oriented;
- CPR/First Aid certification or ability to obtain upon hire.
- Assist with or manage student-athlete recruitment process.
- As an NCAA certified recruiter, successfully research, scout, evaluate and contact prospective student-athletes while operating within the scope of the department, conference and NCAA regulations at all times.
- As an on-campus recruiter, collaborate with other department and university staff in designing official and unofficial visits in compliance with all university, conference and NCAA regulations.
- Establish and develop relationships with appropriate high school and junior college officials, amateur club coaches, and coaches within the sport’s national governing body for public relations purposes, thus positioning the university nationally.
- Develop, maintain, and use master recruit databases to support decision-making, assessments, evaluations, and program review.