Reporting to Head Coach, the position is responsible for performing assistant coaching duties and assisting the Head Coach in the management and administration of the sports program in adherence to the policies, rules and regulations of the University, National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SCIAC).
- Serves as an assistant coach for the program; assists in coaching during athletic events; coaches scheduled practice and workout sessions; assists in the development of practice and game plans; coaches team members, individually and in groups; demonstrates game techniques; performs film review, analysis, and exchange; performs other assistant coaching duties as assigned.
- Recruits academically and athletically qualified student-athletes to meet the University's admission standards and enrollment goals.
- Ensures compliance with University, NCAA, and SCIAC obligations; maintains continual and thorough familiarity with all applicable University, NCAA, and SCIAC rules and regulations; briefs student-athletes and monitors adherence to rules and regulations.
- Assists with California Lutheran University's sports camps, including (but not limited to) coaching and coordinating.
- Bachelor's degree in exercise science, kinesiology, sports management, or related field and one year of coaching at the collegiate level.
- Valid California drivers license.
Ability to obtain a Class B endorsed CDL License, insurance coverage (if driving own vehicle) or be insurable.
- Possession of or ability to obtain CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation), AED (automated external defibrillator) and First Aid certifications within 90 days of employment.
California Lutheran University is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment for all persons, regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by applicable law.