Macalester College seeks to hire an Assistant Women's Volleyball Coach to assist in leading and directing all phases of a successful and competitive program. The assistant coach will assist the head coach in all aspects of a NCAA Division III program as needed. Regular weekend and evening hours required.
- Practice and Competition- Assists the head coach in the organization, preparation of practices and in conducting safe and strategic individual and team training sessions and competitive strategies. Executes appropriate coaching decisions during practice and competition that ensure the welfare of the student athletes representing their program.
- Recruiting- Assists the head coach in the development and incorporation of a comprehensive recruiting plan that shows successful results for the recruitment, yield and retention of academically and athletically qualified student-athletes in a a rigorous academic environment. Serves as an effective recruiter for the program working within the parameters of Macalester, MIAC and NCAA rules. Recruitment strategy results in healthy roster numbers and a competitive program against scheduled opponents.
- Travel and Game Management- Travel - Assists with the arrangement and supervision of transportation, lodging and meals in connection with off-campus competition. Ensures that the team represents the college at the highest level while off-campus. Game Management- Assists the head coach and game management staff with the preparation and event management needs at home competitive events. Assists in the coordination of special events including recruiting, alumni, the Mac Hac, and student-athlete recognition functions.
- Secondary Duties- Assists with fostering a collaborative work environment through shared department responsibilities of student development, alumni relations, digital media, compliance, special events and/or related work.
- Finance- Effectively manages and makes decisions relative to Pcard purchases and any budgetary or financial operations within the program as assigned by head coach. Follows all institutional protocol as it relates to business policies and ethical financial decisions.
- Ethics- Represents the college and its athletics program with honesty, integrity and sportsmanship at all times, to various institutional programs and students, parents, the general public, alumni and external agencies. Develops a positive, professional relationship with officials, league personnel, and coaching colleagues.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- Previous assistant coaching experience in a high school or higher education setting preferred.
- Knowledgeable in practice and training modes, competitive strategies and effective, sustained, and results oriented recruiting program. Creates a positive, organized and enriching experience for the student athletes involved in the program.
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills. Must be able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with a diverse group of students, faculty and staff, with a commitment to equity, inclusion and diversity.
For best consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume as one PDF through the Macalester Employment Opportunities webpage by June 14, 2019. Review of applications will begin immediately. All inquiries about this position should be directed to: