Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Head Coach planning and conducting in season and off season team practice and conditioning programs.
- Assist the Head Coach and players during game play.
- Assist individual players in volleyball skill development through skills training and weight and conditioning training.
- Assist in the identification and recruitment of new players to the program. This may include traveling to regional high school and club volleyball events and volleyball showcases.
- Assist in the scheduling of volleyball practices and matches, including arranging transportation, driving a team vehicle, securing funds for travel, making travel arrangements, etc.
- Represent the Athletic Department and the Women's Volleyball program on college committees or task forces and at college events and/or other public meetings.
- Communicate as necessary with the other Illinois Skyway Collegiate Conference and NJCAA Region IV Volleyball Coaches.
- Participate in Athletic Coaches professional development including annual training in NJCAA regulations, CPR, AED usage, Blood Born Pathogen, Exercise Induced Asthma and use of Epi-Pen.
- An associate's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable skills and abilities can be obtained is required. A bachelor's degree is preferred.
- One year of volleyball coaching experience as a head or assistant coach at the college, high school, club or travel team levels is required. Collegiate coaching experience preferred.
- Collegiate level playing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of NJCAA/NCAA/NAIA rules and regulations is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, planning and leadership skills and positive role model for young adults is expected.
- Valid Class "D" driver's license required.
Oakton College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.