The Assistant Women’s Volleyball Coach is a member of the Athletic Department staff and will assist the Head Coach in the day to day operations of the Women’s Volleyball Team. The Assistant Women’s Volleyball Coach is a part-time, stipend appointment on a schedule established by the Director of Athletics and the Head Volleyball Coach. Internal and external events may occasionally necessitate an altered work schedule.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plan and contribute to the team’s technical training sessions; teach proper technique and training methods.
- Show athletes how to use fitness center equipment one-on-one or while in a group and instruct on the proper use of modern physical fitness equipment.
- Assist with game day operations: Court set up, warm-up, in-game coaching, keeping and reporting statistics.
- Assist with team operations including travel to and from games.
- Assist with planning practice sessions.
- Assist in recruiting process: evaluation of prospective recruits, planning and facilitation of campus visits, weekly contact with recruits
- Work in coordination with head coach to monitor team member’s academic status, assist with placement of players to four-year colleges, and ensure adherence to NJCAA rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent with past experience coaching and/or teaching volleyball.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check with fingerprinting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to communicate effectively with diverse populations.
- Availability to work nights and weekends.
- In an effort to comply with SURS return-to-work restrictions for employers (40 ILCS 5/15-139.5), candidates for employment at Parkland College must either not be a SURS annuitant or must be willing to suspend his/her SURS annuity upon employment. This applies to all SURS annuitants except those receiving their annuity under either the Self-Managed Plan (SMP) or by lump sum payment.