The University of Southern Indiana is accepting applications for Assistant Women's Volleyball Coach. This position is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in the management and administration of the Division 1 Women’s Volleyball intercollegiate sports program.
- Attend coaches’ preparatory meetings and implement strategies resulting from these meetings.
- Develop a comprehensive and functional knowledge of the sport and maintain thorough and continual familiarity with all applicable University, OVC and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Scout for and recruit quality student-athletes and coordinates recruiting activities with the Head Coach and Director of Athletics.
- Assist in the implementation of the academic program, including the monitoring of individual student-athlete progress to ensure academic eligibility, the enforcement of study and tutorial programs, and the referral of student-athletes to appropriate University academic resource personnel.
- Work with student-athletes and monitor adherence to rules and regulations for conduct, appearance, and behavior.
- Work closely with athletic training staff and Team Physician to provide for the safety and health of student-athletes.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Familiarity with OVC and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Proficiency with computers, internet, word processing, spreadsheet, database, and email software. Excellent verbal, written, organizational, management and administrative skills.
- Positive communication, marketing and public relation skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively with student-athletes, faculty, alumni, and administrative staff.