This position will assist the Head Coach in all phases of the Women's Volleyball program, including coaching current team members, recruiting quality student-athletes on a national and international level, and administrative duties as assigned.
- Monitor the compliance to NCAA and conference rules and policies by assistant coaches.
- Recruit quality student-athletes.
- Establish eligibility of freshmen and transferring student-athletes and assure continued eligibility of returning student athletes.
- Assist with all practice sessions.
- Set training rules for student-athletes and inform them about acceptable standards of conduct.
- Be active in fundraising for the Athletics Department.
- Help coordinate Volleyball camp activities.
- Provide mentorship to Support Staff.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university in any field of study.
- Three years volleyball experience as a college, professional or international player or coach.
- Ability to travel extensively using personal or rental vehicles to perform essential functions of the job. Travel will be primarily in Texas.
- Current valid driver's license.
- Good assessment and communication skills to recruit and represent UTSA.
- Specific knowledge in the sport of volleyball and knowledge and compliance with all NCAA, State of Texas, UTSA, and American rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated independent decision-making and problem-solving ability.
- Knowledge of personal computers, Microsoft Office, and standard office equipment.