The Assistant Women’s Volleyball Coach reports directly to the Head Women’s Volleyball Coach and is responsible for assisting in the organization and administration of the women’s volleyball program in accordance with the rules and regulations of the University, Horizon League, and NCAA.
- Recruit student-athletes in accordance with NCAA regulations and academic standards, as well as University academic requirements using letters, telephone calls, personal visits, reviewing videotapes, social media, and attending high school, junior college, and club tournaments.
- Take the lead in organizing recruiting activities on and off campus. Managing the University Athlete recruiting database and assigning tasks to volleyball staff members.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of in-season practices, including team and individual workouts. Assist in the planning and coordination of out-of-season practices, including individual skill instruction and team workouts, focusing on the development of athletic skills to compete at the Division I level.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of game plans for each match, including the development of scouting reports of opponents using VolleyMetrics and DataVolley.
- Good organizational skills, communication skills, and interpersonal skills. Displays leadership skills and uses tact.
- Motivated, display integrity and professionalism. Loyal and uses fairness and equitable in the treatment of others.
- Displays public relations skills and promotes Northern Kentucky University Women’s Volleyball Program.
- Minimum two years of related coaching experience. Strong consideration will be given to previous playing experiences and Division I coaching.