The Assistant Women’s Volleyball Coach will serve in all phases of a competitive women’s volleyball program. Position must adhere to all applicable rules and regulations of the University, the Conference, and the NCAA, and will be expected to work cooperatively with all constituencies and campus units.
- Assist the head volleyball coach in managing and directing the volleyball program.
- Assist the head volleyball coach with all aspects of the team including training, competing and scheduling.
- Organize and maintain accurate inventory of volleyball equipment and uniforms.
- Coordinate travel arrangements.
- Coordinate scouting and video exchange.
- Coordinate facility needs of visiting teams.
- Organize and complete all required paperwork.
- Assist the administration with alumni relations and scholarship fundraising.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to recruit, coach and teach highly talented student-athletes.
- Ability to scout opponents and break down game video.
- Ability to adhere to all policies, rules and regulations of the university, the Southland Conference and the NCAA.
- A proven record in following directives and being responsible for tasks which have been assigned.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment as needed.
- Ability to apply budgeting and fiscal planning techniques within financial constraints.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with students, faculty, staff, and the public.