- Successful experience coaching women’s volleyball at the college, club and/or high school level or successful experience playing volleyball at the college level.
- Knowledge of and/or experience recruiting.
- Demonstrated commitment to academic/athletic excellence.
- Demonstrated evidence of ability to work effectively with student-athletes of diverse races and cultures.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Evidence of a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Successful interview.
- Advise student-athletes and staff of applicable intercollegiate athletic rules, regulations, and University policies and ensure compliance of such regulations.
- Develop and conduct pre-season, in-season and off-season training and conditioning programs for the team.
- Recruit student-athletes.
- Inform student-athletes of academic and other matters pertaining to their enrollment and educational progress.
- Plan and direct athletic skill development for student-athletes.
- Ensure appropriate safety measures are observed when conducting team activities.
- Cooperate with the University physicians and Athletic Trainers to ensure student-athletes receive proper medical and physical training services.
- Coordinate all activities in preparation for scheduled competition.
- Attend all team practices and home and away contests.