In the performance of his/her duties, the assistant coach will be directly responsible to the head coach. Cooperates and works with the head coach in administering the total intercollegiate athletic program.
- Background experience: possess a working knowledge of all aspects of the respective sport.
- Personal experience demonstrating the following:
- Committed Christian life.
- Sportsmanship toward opponents, officials, etc.
- Ability to maintain poise and self-control.
- Interests in the personal, spiritual, and athletic development of college age students.
- Effectively communicate the rules of the sport to the players.
- Keep abreast of new information, innovative ideas, and techniques in the sport by attending clinics, reading new information, and networking with other coaches in the profession.
- Assist the head coach in accumulating accurate records, player information and game statistics.
- Help with responsibility of equipment and uniform issuing and care.
- Exhibit regular attendance at all team meetings, practices, and games.
- Help emphasize proper safety procedures in training for the sport and keep abreast of injury procedures.
- Help administer the athletic study halls or tutoring for student-athletes who need the extra help.
- Give input to award winners, needed budget items, and budget preparation.