The Assistant Coach is responsible for helping to Prepare, plan, conduct, and evaluate practice sessions, as directed. Teach individuals and groups of players specific tasks and skills before, during and after practice, during season and off-season. Teach player-to-player defense and offense, as needed. Teach strategies and drills during daily practice time.
- Recruit and retain eligible student-athletes;
- Assist Head Coach to meet designated roster goals (15), established by Director of
- Athletics and the NJCAA;
- Knowledge of good practice pertaining to sport techniques, rules and regulations;
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills, organizational ability and teaching/coaching
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team and build team relationships;
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population;
- Communicate high academic standards within the athletic program;
- Promote academic success through a commitment to class attendance, academic.
- Previous experience working with volleyball athletes preferred.
- Previous playing experience preferred at the collegiate or pro level.