The Assistant Athletic Instructor is responsible for working with the Head Coach in all aspects of the respective sport. Must have an understanding of all pertinent NCAA rules governing the sport. Must have a commitment to the Division III philosophy and be able to work within the philosophy and mission of the Athletic Department.
- Day to day coverage of practices and games home and away.
- Day to day organization of traditional season.
- Keeping Team and Player Equipment Inventories up to date.
- Keep players individual training and four year plans up to date.
- Turn in daily game statistical totals to Yearly Statistical Notebook and SID.
- Daily office work including new player recruitment, home tournament organization and fundraising.
- In-Season 6 days a week 3 hours per day, preseason all day sessions (Season includes Jan-April), and a small amount of recruiting. Hiring only for Spring Season.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Men’s Volleyball Coach.
- Bachelor’s degree in physical education, health, or related field is required.
- Must have 4 years of playing and 1 year of coaching experience at the college level and possess a valid NYS Driver’s License.
- Master’s degree is preferred; however, a combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Some coaching experience at the college level is preferred. Preferred qualifications include; CAP IMPACT or CAP LEVEL I CERTIFICATION, CPR/AED training.