Assists the Head Coach in helping each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists the head coach in carrying out their responsibilities to the students and the District.
- Assumes the responsibilities of the head coach during their absence.
- Attends appropriate meetings and serves on committees as requested by the Building Administrator.
- Implements preventive measures to avoid injury.
- Provides initial First Aid when injury/illness occurs, and contacts emergency medical services when needed.
- Organizes and monitors fundraising in accordance with District policy, and/or in cooperation with booster groups.
- Collects all money and maintains a record of expenses.
- Prepares an annual budget and presents it to Asst Principal Activities and Athletics or Athletic Director.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Maintains a direct line of communication with administration.
- Maintains high standards of ethical conduct and confidentiality.
- Possession of Idaho Teaching, Pupil Services or Administrator, Credential preferred.
- National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) Coach Certification preferred.
- First Aid & CPR Certification within 90 days of hire, and maintenance of current certificate thereafter.
- Ability to work effectively with students, staff, parents/guardians and other stakeholders.
- Previous coaching experience in related sport preferred.