Position is responsible for coaching student athletes in competitive wrestling techniques to prepare them for competition. Position motivates student athletes to develop an appreciation of the sport of wrestling. This position runs from 11/16/20 to 2/27/21. Candidate must have coaching experience and/or have competed in wrestling.
1. Works with players during practices and matches.
2. Assist in organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages students to participate.
3. Assesses skills and assigns team positions.
4. Helps develop a regular practice schedule and organizes practice time to provide both individual and team development.
5. Works with the head coach and athletic director in scheduling facilities for practices and competition.
6. Coaches and instructs players, individually or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
7. Observes players, during matches and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement.
8. Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior and provides proper supervision of students at all times.
9. Helps monitor the academic performance of team members to ensure that eligibility requirements are met.
10. Follows established procedures in the event of an injury.
11. Assist in conferences with parents/guardians, as necessary, regarding the performance of their student.
12. Follows KSHSAA regulations governing the program.
13. Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards athletes, officials, and spectators.
14. Follows established procedures for supplies and uniforms.
15. Participates in special activities to include parent’s night, banquets, award nights, and pep assemblies.
16. Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.