The Assistant Men’s Wrestling Coach is responsible for assisting with the recruitment/retention of student-athletes and program development in order to produce successful individual and team performance. The Coach must be committed to a holistic approach to the development of student-athletes as leaders in the classroom, in the community, and on the mats.
- Ongoing professional development opportunities for the purpose of enhancing the program’s competitiveness and the development of student-athletes.
- Assist in actively promoting, publicizing, and enhancing a positive image for Menlo College.
- Assist in determining the budget requirements for maintaining and developing the men’s wrestling program; control spending and monitor the budget.
- Assist in assuring that all student-athletes comply with appropriate NAIA, CCC, and Menlo policies and regulations.
- Assist in evaluating and recommend revisions to policies regarding travel, schedules, and other issues related to the men’s wrestling program.
- Assist in developing a comprehensive plan to foster community service projects, academic success, campus engagement, and character development.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred in related field.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as written and oral communication skills.
- A thorough knowledge of NAIA rules and regulations.
- 3-5 years coaching experience at the intercollegiate level preferred
- A dedication to the success of student-athletes in their academic and athletic endeavors
- A commitment to integrity, general equity, and diversity.