Build positive relationships with students, families, staff and the greater Ashland community. Provide high-quality coaching and skill development to students. Engage positively and professionally with the School District of Ashland Co-Curricular department.
- Provide Ojibwemowin instruction for students in accordance with school goals.
- Work with Bad River tribal ojibwemowin leaders to establish curriculum for each class level.
- Provide student progress reports/grades.
- Attend parent-teacher conferences, in services, and workshops.
- Identify, recruit, and facilitate cultural activities, speakers, resources, and events within the school in accordance with the District Strategic Plan.
- Attend community language meetings to collaborate with school and tribal expectations to graduate fluent ojibwemowin speakers and writers.
- Ability to speak and write the Ojibwe Language, and have knowledge about the Bad River Ojibwe culture.
- WI State Teaching License required, preference of Indian Language and/or Indian History, Culture & Sovereignty licensure.
- Ability to utilize technology for classroom instruction. (Google classroom and Google Suite).