Provides positive learning experiences associated with the sports program. Provide guidance, leadership, and the fundamental skills necessary to execute the program in a successful manner. Assume the leadership role in relation to team organization, style of play, practice schedules, equipment and assigned responsibilities.
- Teach basic fundamentals necessary for successful participation.
- Provide the necessity for practice and supervision in order for continued improvement.
- Teach responsibilities of rules and regulations, care of equipment and facilities, fair play, respect for others, personal hygiene and safety.
- Hold necessary practices to prepare players for competition.
- Reflect enthusiasm for the program and participants in order to make it a worthwhile endeavor for students and parents.
- Maintain equipment and prepare inventory.
- Follow school, district and W.I.A.A. rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of fundamentals of the game/sport, practice organization, rules and safety and game management.
- Demonstrated ability to develop positive relations with assistants, players, opposing coaches, teams, umpires, staff, parents and the community.
- Ability to organize and demonstrate skills to both assistants and athletes.
- Ability to communicate in a positive manner with the media and the public.
- Ability to motivate a variety of individual personalities toward a successful and positive learning/playing experience.
- Ability to analyze the game and to create appropriate training sessions that reflect those observations.
- Model appropriate behavior to students and spectators.
North Thurston School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.