- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Coaching experience in wrestling at the middle school or junior high school level preferred; coaching experience in organized community sports considered.
- Sport First Aid and CPR Certification preferred.
- Participation in wrestling at the high school, collegiate or professional level(s) preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the media, parents, school administration and community is also required.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Ability to teach wrestling techniques, wrestling rules, wrestling strategies and playing tactics.
2. Ability to teach sportsmanship, cooperation and responsibility to team members.
3. Demonstrates through experience, a commitment to devote long hours and weekends to the wrestling program.
4. Conducts a pre-season and post season wrestling conditioning program.
5. Ability to supervise and conduct safe practices and contests.
6. Ability to accurately assess the talents and abilities of team members.
7. Ability to promote athletes to college recruiters.
8. Participate in a successful recruitment program.
9. Ability to display competency in coaching philosophy, knowledge of PIAA rules and regulations, and NCAA Student- Athletic Eligibility requirements.