Provided leadership for the school’s entire athletic wrestling program through the ongoing development, implementation and improvement of specific sport coached.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in implementing athletic standards as outlined in the MSHSAA Handbook and attend all.
- MSHSAA required sessions.
- Assist in the coordination of the program.
- Assist in the supervision of students at practices and contests.
- Help provide information for transportation, facilities, officials and game management.
- Help organize and schedule practice sessions on a regular basis with the objective of developing the student-athlete’s greatest potential.
1. Must possess a four-year college degree and be contracted by the KCPS Board of Education for the school year as a full or part time teacher or 1-3 years of coaching experience.
2. Knowledge of particular sport (philosophy & coaching)
3. Must successfully complete the MSHSAA/NFHS Coaching Principles Course and Sports First Aid Courses.
4. A strong commitment to the student-athlete concept and working knowledge of all collegiate eligibility center regulations.