VMI is accepting applications for an Assistant Wrestling Coach. This is an opportunity to assist in the operation of the Virginia Military Institute’s NCAA Division I wrestling program. Duties include all aspects of running the wrestling program, including recruiting, coaching, organization and planning of team travel, program maintenance, on hand training with athletes in practice.
- Recruitment of quality cadet athletes; in that regard, participate in comprehensive recruiting activities; coordinate efforts with admissions office to establish academic eligibility and arrange meetings between prospects and college officials; recommend individuals for scholarships.
- Assists in planning and running practice, as well as the formulation and implementation of pre-and post-season conditioning programs.
- Assists in the coaching and individual skill development of wrestlers.
- Organizes, plans and executes team travel.
- Breakdowns video analysis and evaluation of cadet athlete performance.
- Assist the head coach in the daily responsibilities necessary to run a successful Division one Wrestling program.
- Must know and comply with all NCAA, conference, and Institute rules and regulations.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and Collegiate wrestling experience.
- Strong academic background
- Good organizational and supervisory skills
- Ability to relate to students in a leadership role, and good people skills required.
- Applicants must possess the ability to recruit in high schools, primarily in Virginia and the surrounding states.