Under the direction of the Director of Athletics and the Head Coach, assists the Head Coach with assigned intercollegiate sport.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advise and instruct students on theory and practice of assigned sport.
- Remain current in theory, coaching and the subject matter and technique of effective instruction through participation in professional development.
- Coach is only responsible to coach at practice and during games.
- Assist and support the Academic Success Program.
- Assist with recruiting.
- Assist with conditioning and weight training program.
- Perform other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of this position.
- Requires interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Requires the skill to work with constant interruptions.
- Associate's degree and two years of experience coaching at the high school or collegiate level.
- Intercollegiate playing experience may be used to supplement coaching experience.
- Require a valid driver's license.
- Requires CPR and First Aid certification.