This position requires an individual who is capable of applying the knowledge and experiences pertinent to coaching collegiate wrestling. This person works under the direction of the Head Wrestling Coach and assists with supervision and with the coaching of the Wrestling Team during both practices and home games.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organizes, supervises, coordinates, and evaluates practice sessions and related activities with proper attention to the players’ mental, emotional, social and physical well-being.
- Attends and provides supervision for practice sessions and matches. Attend away meets as much as possible.
- Assists with pre-season conditioning and strength programs for each athlete. Organizes pre-season workouts.
- Assists the Head Wrestling Coach with student scouting and recruiting.
- Assists with preparations for home athletic events and travel arrangements.
- Provides an example of competitive, but sportsmanlike conduct. Deals fairly and honestly with all persons concerned with the sport.
- Provides direction and assistance to student-athletics in achieving their academic, athletic and personal goals.
- Wrestling experience which demonstrates a thorough knowledge of the concepts, techniques, principles, and strategies of wrestling.
- Associates degree.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, faculty, administrators and other members of the college community through good communication and teamwork.
- Strong level of integrity and ethical approach to student athletics.