- Valid WV teaching certification or WVDE teaching permit or substitute permit.
- High school diploma or GED.
- WVSSAC certification.
- Develops high caliber and quality instruction.
- Teaches fundamental skills.
- Handles athletic injuries.
- Cares for equipment.
- Supervises participants and disciplines team appropriately.
- Designs quality organization of practice sessions.
- Designs pre-season planning.
- Supervises managers and other support personnel.
- Follows end of season procedures.
- Complete WVSSAC Training & Certification Program and take KCS Staff Development Training on Concussions.