- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills.
- Must have thorough knowledge and experience in sport involved.
- Three years coaching experience preferred. Head coaching experience desired.
- Interpersonal skills which promote strong positive attitudes with students, staff, and community.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Must hold and maintain a current first aid card (in addition, a current CPR card is highly recommended).
- Is knowledgeable of rules set down by WIAA and the District.
- Coaches individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport involved.
- Works with the Athletic Director in establishing non-league schedules for each season.
- Attend meetings as called by the Athletic Director and/or Head Coach.
- Supervise athletes at all times. This includes practice, games (home and away), on buses, and in the locker room.
- Infuse citizenship into coaching arenas.
- Provide a positive, productive climate in the gym.
- Follow school policy and expectations for student athletes.
- Cooperate with other staff regarding help for students in the areas of health, attitude and learning issues.
- Enforce the extra-curricular code.
- At the end of the day, see to it all students are gone, equipment stored, towels picked up, lights out, and doors properly secured.
- Oversees the safety conditions of the facility or area in which assigned sport is conducted at all times that students are present.
West Valley School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.