- Assist the head athletic coach with student athlete supervision during practices, games, and event-related travel.
- Assists with planning game strategy.
- Assists the head coach with educating student athletes in the rules and regulations of the sport.
- Supervises in the proper use of equipment and technique for the sport.
- Leads small group or individual training sessions as instructed by the head coach.
- Keeps head coach informed of students’ athletic performances.
- Participates in special events such as banquets, pep rallies, and senior/awards nights.
- Distributes uniforms and equipment to student athletes as instructed by the head coach.
- Attends professional development events to improve coaching skills.
- Previous experience as an assistant wrestling coach coach or related participation in the sport.
- Thorough knowledge of the game and current coaching techniques.
- Complete understanding of the rules, strategies, and regulations of the sport.
- Proven ability to coach and supervise student athletes.
New Bedford Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws.