Serve as the Assistant Wrestling Coach for the Department of Athletics. Coaches both the men and women’s programs. Responsibilities include assisting in the planning and directing of the recruitment, conditioning, training, and performance of student-athletes, along with fiscal management for a NAIA wrestling program. Seeking employment for two positions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the instruction of student-athletes relative to the skills and strategies necessary to compete in wrestling at the collegiate level.
- Develop coaching techniques, players and overall strategies; evaluate individual performances and provide leadership and instruction in areas deemed necessary for success.
- Plan and coordinate team travel arrangements to include means used, equipment to be taken, logistics, etc.
- Conduct comprehensive recruiting activities, coordinate with Admissions Office to establish academic eligibility and possible financial aid packages.
- Participate in fundraising, public relations activities, e.g., public appearances, attendance at conferences, etc. Ensure compliance with NAIA rules and regulations.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Coaching strategies specific to wrestling.
- Knowledge of NCAA and NAIA rules for wrestling.
- Familiarity with NAIA rules and procedures.
- Instructing student-athletes relative to specific skills necessary to compete in collegiate wrestling.
- Ability to demonstrate appropriate technical skills during practice.
- Ability to be discrete in handling confidential matters, while complying with FERPA regulations.
- Ability to adhere to University & departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to provide and demonstrate quality customer service.
- Ability to plan, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines while working on multiple tasks.
- Proficiency with an integrated administrative system and current computer software programs.