The successful candidate will help each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem. Students shall receive instruction that will lead to the formulation of moral values, pride of accomplishment, acceptable social behavior, self discipline and self confidence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains a cooperative relationship with fellow staff members, students and parents.
- Adheres to and enforces district, state and federal laws, policies, procedures and regulations.
- Coaches individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport involved.
- Plans and schedules a regular program of practice in season.
- Oversees the safety conditions of the facility or area in which assigned sport is conducted at all times that students are present.
- Maintains accurate statistics, records and results of the season.
- Enforces discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times, and establishes and oversees penalties for breach of such standards by individual students.
- Maintains competency in rules, rule interpretations, meet procedures, coaching techniques, and general information about all aspects of the sport.
- Establishes performance criteria for eligibility in interscholastic competition in this sport and is consistent in establishing criteria for eligibility in competition.
- Adheres to a highly efficient and technically sound program of injury prevention and follow up.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid First Aid/CPR certification required.
- Valid NFHS OR ASEP certification required at the High School level.
- Such alternative qualifications as the board deems appropriate.