The Assistant Wrestling Coach instructs and coaches teams and individuals in the fundamentals of wrestling, sportsmanship, and teamwork.
- Participates in recruiting, training, and coaching wrestling.
- Assists with planning and scheduling of a regular program of seasonally appropriate wrestling activity in accordance with district and organizational policies and NSAA regulations as applicable.
- Instructs players on sport rules, strategies, and performance principles; coaches players to achieve a high level of skill and an appreciation for the values and discipline of sportsmanship.
- Participates in evaluating athlete strengths and weaknesses, designing and developing training methodologies to address strengths and weaknesses, and preparing players for competition.
- Assists in planning and conducting practice sessions and physical conditioning programs to maximize performance and minimize injuries.
- Provides training direction and motivation to prepare athletes for competitive events and games.
- Trains players on utilization of equipment and monitors to ensure safe and proper use.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Previous wrestling coaching experience.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check.
- A current Nebraska Teaching Certificate OR a Nebraska Department of Education Special Services Certificate for Coaching is preferred.
Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.