To carry out the aims and objectives of the sport program is outlined by the head coach and school administration. To instruct athletes in individual and team fundamentals, strategy and physical training necessary to realize a degree of individual and team success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the head coach in scheduling, providing transportation to tournaments and special sport events.
- Assists in preparation for scheduled sport events or practices and adheres to scheduled facility times.
- Coordinates program with maintenance and school employees.
- Provides documentation to the athletic administrator needed to fulfill state and system requirements concerning physical examinations, parental consent and eligibility.
- Provides proper safeguards for maintenance and protection of assigned equipment sites.
- Provides training rules and other sport specific regulations to each candidate.
- Supervises practices, games and team trips. Takes all necessary measures to safeguard each participant.
- Has a thorough knowledge of all athletic policies approved by the Center Board of Education and is responsible for their implementation.
- Has knowledge of the existing school district, state and league regulation; implements same consistently.
- Understands the proper administrative line of command and refers all student and parent requests or grievances through proper channels. Is aware of all public/staff/departmental meetings that require attendance.
- Maintains discipline and works to increase morale and cooperation within the school sports program and school community.