West Virginia University Institute of Technology (WVU Tech), part of the WVU system of campuses, is seeking a self-motivated and driven Assistant Wresting Coach for the WVU Beckley campus. This part-time position will report to the WVU Tech Athletic Director.
What you'll do:
- Assist the Head Coach with responsibilities as required for an NAIA Division I or NCAA Division II Program.
- On field coaching responsibilities as assigned by the head coach.
- Assess with preparation for competitions.
- Assist in evaluating talent in current and prospective student-athletes.
- Assist in organizing and conducting a strength conditioning program.
- Assist in coordinating team meetings, athletic study halls for athletes, strength and conditioning work outs, etc.
- Assist in monitoring the academic progress, eligibility, retention rates and graduation rates of players.
- Assist in disciplining and monitoring conduct of student-athletes.
- Remain current and adhere to all Institutional, NCAA and/or NAIA rules.
- Assist in compiling annual inventories and preparing for equipment purchases according to state purchasing policies.
- Assist with fundraising responsibilities and working with outside groups to receive funds for athletics
- Assist in maintaining a competitive team.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- A minimum of 1 (one) year of collegiate playing experience and/or successful coaching experience.
- Ability to work positively with administration, athletic department staff, students and the Director of Athletics in developing and maintaining a good working relationship with the institution and the community.
- Excellent computer skills.